The quest for high performance may be at an all-time high. With the COVID-19 pandemic turning things upside down, some people are struggling to get through the day—but others continue to thrive. How do they do it?
Brendon Burchard’s best-selling book High Performance Habits offers many answers to that question. Through extensive original research and learnings from more than ten years of being the world’s leading performance coach, Burchard has identified the six most important habits for improving performance at home, at work, and in your community.
The habits Burchard encourages everyone to build include:
- Seek clarity. Have a clear vision, consistently set intentions for who you want to be each day, and focus on what is meaningful.
- Generate energy. Learn to release tension while setting intention. Bring joy to your daily activities and stay physically, emotionally, and mentally healthy.
- Raise necessity. Understand what you need to do for yourself and others to remain motivated. Build a network of peers who will support you.
- Increase productivity. Determine the outputs that matter most to your success. Develop the skills that will help you perform at a higher level.
- Developing influence. Ask others to challenge themselves to perform differently. Be a role model for that behavior.
- Demonstrate courage. Learn and grow from your struggles, share your truth, and fight a noble cause for others.
Burchard describes specific practices you can begin immediately for each habit. He stresses that although these practices may be common sense, they are not commonly practiced—so it is critical to make a commitment to using these tips and techniques to start your journey to long-term success and fulfillment. He suggests people focus on one practice at a time to recognize how significant each change can be.
Each chapter is filled with thought-provoking exercises to help you integrate the six habits into your routine, and encouragement to focus on the things that will make a big difference right away. Putting it simply, this is a guidebook for people who want to get control of their lives and experience true joy. The real-life examples of people who have overcome struggles by using the practices are evidence of how powerful this work can be. They offer proof that you, too, will be able to positively impact every aspect of your life.
Burchard shares a beautiful mixture of science-backed data and heart-centered strategies to help others live a better quality life. After applying just a few of his suggestions, you’ll notice a difference—and understand how extraordinary people become that way.
To hear host Chad Gordon interview Brendon Burchard, listen to the LeaderChat podcast and subscribe today. For more information about Brendon Burchard, go to www.brendon.com. To learn more about the transformational online course that teaches how to put the six habits into practice, click here.