Coaching over the phone? Not texting, but actually talking on the telephone?
When it comes to interacting with others in today’s digital age, the telephone may seem like a relic from the past. You may think coaching over the phone would be a poor substitute compared to face-to-face interaction.
But the truth is, phone coaching is awesome! Here’s why:
- You will be listened to—really listened to. When was the last time that happened?
- No travel, no fuss. You just call your coach as planned. Close the door, walk a trail, or sit in your car. Select a setting in which you can speak freely, and you and your coach will co-create an environment with words that will bring out your best. The coaching conversation becomes your private oasis of professional development—and shoes are optional.
- On the phone, you have to use your words. This is powerful. You’ll be forced to say what you mean. Using only a telephone, you can’t posture, your coach can’t try to read your nonverbals, and you can’t mirror one another. Instead, the power of words will be accentuated and underscored.
- You’ll experience the power of silence. A great coach doesn’t yammer in an attempt to offer options for what you might want to say. A great coach will wait for you to find the words. You’re worth it.
- Your telephone coaching conversation is yours. It is all on you, all about you, and driven by you. It is your time, your way. Your coach will tell you what they’re hearing and what they’re not hearing: verbal feedback. Again, when was the last time you got that on a consistent basis?
- Finally, with telephone coaching, someone will be hanging on your every word.
At Blanchard Coaching, we’ve been using the phone with more than 15,000 clients over the past 15 years for one key reason: phone coaching works!
Let us know if we can share more. We’d love to talk about it!
About the Author
Mary Ellen Sailer, Ed.D., is a Coaching Solutions Partner with The Ken Blanchard Companies’ Coaching Services team. Since 2000, Blanchard’s 120 coaches have worked with over 15,000 individuals in more than 250 companies throughout the world. Learn more at Blanchard Coaching Services. And check out Coaching Tuesday every week at Blanchard LeaderChat for ideas, research, and inspirations from the world of executive coaching.
5 thoughts on “Does Phone Coaching Work?”
Is it possible for you to resend the post for today, 10/10 to this email address?
Really is a helpful and awesome post.
Great argument for phone coaching – thanks for the post Mary Ellen!
Agreed. I much prefer the phone to Skype or even face to face (most of the time) because it promotes more intense listening by both parties. Listening is critical to my business.
Very good https://barrero2016.wordpress.com/coaching-personal-seguridad-y-ejecutivo-life-security-and-executive/